We all have an ideal appearance in our minds but only few individuals can actually achieve a flawless look through dieting and weight loss. For others, cosmetic procedures are the best option which provide quick and lasting results for all parts of the body. Some of the most popular plastic surgeries include thigh and butt lift, arm reshaping, breasts reshaping and rhinoplasty. These cosmetic treatments are offered by expert surgeons and aesthetic clinics. The longevity of the outcome of plastic surgeries depends on how well an individual follows the necessary precautions and guidelines in the long run. Some people may require revision surgeries or minimal follow up procedures to prolong the effects of body contouring.
Individuals often opt for plastic surgeries that target their legs (especially thighs), arms, buttocks, breasts, and nose. Some procedures that are used to reshape and contour these parts of the body are briefly explained below.
- Thigh Lift
A thigh lift or thighplasty can be a means of removing loose skin and excess fat from the inner or outer thigh. The loose skin may be a result of drastic fat loss or increasing age. At times, only fat removal through liposuction is sufficient to contour the thighs because the patient’s skin can adjust to this change on its own, other times very little amount of fat is removed. However, when the thigh cannot gain a definite shape on its own, the skin is left drooping. A thigh lift helps get rid of the fat and sagging skin to improve an individual’s appearance. Some people also give up on their dieting plans after trying to lose weight for months and go for a thigh lift instead.
There are various types of thigh lifts that depend on the area of the thigh which requires contouring such as inner thigh lifts, outer thigh lifts, vertical thigh lifts, and spiral thigh lifts. A surgeon will examine a person’s case, make sure they’re otherwise medically fit for this surgery, and suggest the best form of thigh lift as desired by the recipient. In case you still want to lose weight, don’t go for a thigh lift till you achieve your goal weight because the skin can become droopy all over again. If a person regains weight after the surgery, it can also take away the effect of the thigh lift. For lasting results, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle which doesn’t lead to gaining or losing a lot of weight in a short period of time.
- Butt Reshaping
If exercise and physical activity is not helping you improve the appearance of your buttocks, you might want to look into the available options of cosmetic surgery to reshape it. A butt lift surgery may include fat grafting or implants to reshape the buttocks, it may also include the removal of excess fat and skin tightening in the case of size reduction.
- Fat Grafting: If there is presence of fat in another part of the body such as the hips, arms, or thighs, the surgeon will transfer this fat to the buttocks. Liposuction will be required to remove the fat which is then processed before it’s injected into the buttocks. Through this procedure, the buttocks are reshaped to achieve a certain appearance or to be increased in size.
- Implants: Butt implants are made using silicone which are injected through small incisions made between the two butt cheeks or under them, depending on the area that has to be contoured. The implants are either placed on top of the underlying muscles or between them. It’s a more advanced and long-lasting treatment compared to fat grafting. There’s a high success rate of this surgery and recipients are usually happy with the results.
- Size Reduction And Contouring: The fat from the buttocks is removed through liposuction. The area is numbed using a local anesthetic and a small ultrasound probe is inserted through minute incisions to melt the fatty tissues before it can be removed from the buttocks. The skin is also tightened and reshaped in this procedure for a defined shape.
After a buttocks reshaping procedure, it’s advised that the individual doesn’t sit for too long to avoid putting pressure on the surgical wounds. This precaution is usually observed for upto 2 to 3 weeks for complete recovery. A patient should also steer clear of intense physical activity and exercises for upto 2 to 3 months, unless the surgeon says otherwise.
- Arm Reshaping
Arm lift or arm reshaping is the cosmetic surgery that improves the appearance of the arms by removing sagging skin and excessive fat tissues. When a person loses a lot of weight, their skin cannot adjust with their new muscle structure due to lost elasticity. This is when many people opt for an arm lift. Increasing age can also play a major role in sagging skin and unsightly appearance of the upper arm.
A local sedative injection or general anesthesia may be administered to the patient before the treatment. During an arm lift surgery, the surgeon makes incisions on the underside of the arm which depend on the area to be treated and the amount of fat and skin which has to be removed. Through liposuction, the excessive fat may be removed after it’s been melted using heat energy from a high intensity ultrasound device. The surgeon then tightens the underlying tissues and the skin around the arm for contouring. After the procedure is complete, the incisions are closed with stitches.
If a surgeon suspects unusual bleeding, a drainage tube may be inserted in the arm to clear the blood if it’s accumulated in the surgical area after the arm lift procedure. The recipient will be advised to limit their activities with the treated arm and keep it in a stable position for fast recovery. In case of unbearable pain and continuous bleeding, medical help should be sought out immediately to avoid complications.
- Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
Nose reshaping also known as rhinoplasty is the cosmetic procedure that improves the appearance of the nose, aligns it with other facial features, and can also help with breathing problems by targeting the inside of the nose. There are two major types of rhinoplasty; open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty.
- Open Rhinoplasty: If extensive reshaping is required, the surgeon will suggest to perform open rhinoplasty nose reshaping. The incisions are made on the skin between the two nostrils which is uplifted to carry out the procedure. The nasal structure is completely exposed for detailed manipulation.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: As the name suggests, the incisions are made on the inside of the nose. This type of rhinoplasty is chosen when minimal restructuring of the nose is required. The results may include an improved appearance of the nose, straighter and more contoured structure, and ease in breathing.
The nose is expected to swell and the patient will feel pain in the treated area. The face may also appear puffy which is most likely to subside in a couple of days. The surgeon may prescribe medication to deal with discomfort, swelling, and any possible infections.
- Breast Reshaping
Every woman wants an ideal body shape and type. Some resort to dieting and weight loss to achieve their dream appearance while others go for cosmetic procedures including breast reshaping. There are various ways to reshape the breasts depending on how an individual wants to alter the shape of their breasts.
- Breast Reduction: The reasons for this choice might be neck pain, back pain, and tiredness due to the weight of the breasts. Sometimes a woman may want to make her breasts proportional with other parts of her body, and so they opt for breast reduction with lift. The excessive fat and tissues are removed from the breast to decrease them in size in this procedure.
- Breast Augmentation: Fat grafting or breast implants may be used to perform breast augmentation. It can result in increasing the size of the breasts or contouring them. A breast augmentation is a perfect option for reshaping the breasts and enhancing their appearance.
- Breast Tightening: In case of drooping breasts with sagging skin, breast tightening is opted for. The excessive skin is removed by the surgeon while the remaining is uplifted and tightened around the remaining structure.