Brisbane is well known for its edgy culture and booming nightlife – making it one of the most desirable cities in Australia. But, as with any growing city, challenges sometimes come up. One of these challenges is asbestos-related illnesses.
Asbestos was once commonly used in construction and other industries, but it is now known to be a dangerous and deadly pollutant.
According to a study, Brisbane has the highest concentration of asbestos worldwide; thus, timely Asbestos removal in Brisbane is essential for the environment. Asbestos is still commonly used in many constructions and industrial settings throughout Australia. In fact, as of 2016, Queensland accounted for almost half of all Australian asbestos production.
While most people are familiar with the health risks posed by asbestos exposure, very few are aware of the various ways this material can be removed; there are several dedicated services too for Asbestos removal in Brisbane. One of the most common methods includes:
-Chipping: This method involves removing small pieces of asbestos using a chisel or other sharp tool. Asbestos chips quickly off surfaces when broken down into smaller pieces, making it easier for workers to remove them
What are asbestos removal methods, and how do they work in Brisbane?
- Vacuum removal: The vacuum cleaner pulls the asbestos particles out of the air, leaving the area clean and safe to work in.
- Chlorination: It is environmentally friendly and effective. This process uses a chemical to break down the asbestos into small pieces that can be removed easily.
- Thermal oxidation: The heat breaks down the asbestos into small pieces that can then be removed by air or water.
- Ultrasonic cleaning: Ultrasonic cleaning uses high-frequency sound waves to remove particles from an area. This method is fast and efficient.
How to keep yourself safe when asbestos removal methods are happening
- Make sure all workers are wearing protective gear. This includes masks, gloves, and boots. All materials should also be kept clean and free of dust and debris to prevent exposure to airborne asbestos.
- Keep children away from the area during the removal process. Asbestos can be harmful if it comes into contact with the skin.
- If you believe you may have been exposed to asbestos, contact your doctor immediately. Symptoms of asbestos exposure can include chest pain and shortness of breath.
How to choose the best removal method for your needs
- Your chosen method should be effective and safe for the people and equipment involved.
- You should consider the cost and time required for the project. Make sure the preferred method is appropriately licensed and insured.
- Be aware of any restrictions or regulations in your area that may affect your removal options.
- Finally, always contact a professional asbestos removal contractor if you have any questions or concerns about the project.
When it comes to asbestos removal, there are a variety of methods that can be used depending on the situation. Suppose you are in Brisbane and have concerns about asbestos in your home or workplace. In that case, it is positively recommended to speak to one of your preferred removal company team members who can help determine which method is the best suited for your specific case. Remember, if you decide to use any of the asbestos removal methods, always ensure that you follow all safety guidelines and precautions so as not to cause any further damage or harm.