Canada is surely a welcoming country for immigrants. If you want to go to Canada for a short interval of time, you have to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa. There are several different types of visas depending on why you are traveling to Canada. One such type is the Canadian Visitor Visa, also known as a Tourist Visa for Canada. To better understand the requirements and processes, it’s best to take advice from the top visa agency in Chennai. For now, you can read this article to know the essential information about Canada visitor visas.
What is a Visitor Visa?
An official document that you have to stick in your passport to travel to Canada for a short period is called a visitor visa. It is also known as a temporary resident visa. Having this visa is compulsory to show that you are eligible to enter Canada.
How Long Can You Stay?
Most visitors eligible for the visitor visa can stay up to six months in Canada. If you are planning to go to Canada for a few months, it’s recommended to take advice only from the best consultants for Canada PR in Chennai.
For the Canada visitor visa, you need to meet some of the standard requirements as any other visa. You must:
- Have a valid passport
- Be healthy to travel
- Have no criminal record
- Have enough financial support to stay in Canada
- Letter of invitation from someone already living in Canada
There are other similar requirements that are compulsory to travel to Canada. You can get to know more about this from any top visa agency in Chennai. Some people are not admissible to Canada, meaning they are not permitted to enter the country. This could be for numerous reasons like:
- Security or financial reasons
How Can You Apply for a Visitor Visa?
To begin the application process for the visitor visa, there are a few simple steps that you must go through. The steps for applying for a Canada visitor visa are:
- Confirm that you are eligible for the visitor visa
- Complete the required documents
- Submit the application form
- Respond to any additional requests for information about you
- Submit your passport for stamping
The processing time for a Canada visitor visa takes about 8 to 40 days. It is different for everyone depending on the country you reside in. You can talk to one of the best consultants for Canada PR regarding any doubts about the whole procedure.
You need to submit some documents to get the visitor visa.
- Canada visa application form for whichever visa type you are applying
- Proof of payment of Canada visa fee
- Evidence of no criminal record
- Proof of being healthy to travel via medical exam
- Proof of financial assets
- Identity verification documents
- Letter of invitation from someone living in Canada.