Before discussing why you need to pursue a media course and how to apply for a media course, you need to find answer to what does a media course entail.Besides this, students not only get to hone their writing & communication skills, they are also encouraged to develop their voice and have a point of view.
Multiple career options
This coupled with increased competition and the scramble for market share, allows students pursuing media courses with multiple opportunities in varied fields- Fashion, FMCG, Automobiles (two wheelers and Four wheelers), Education, Insurance, Online giants (Amazon/Flipkart), Retail, Wholesale, Sports & Celebrity management, News Channels/publications, Hotels and even Political parties etc. Few of the multitudes of available career options after you apply for media course are:
- Marketing: Involves making product, pricing and branding strategy to enhance product sales.
- And journalist literally lives by this adage for he can give voice to the collective conscious of the masses with his writing. He can inspire people to wake up from their slumber and fight for their rights. He can uncover truth or he can even shield the criminals-media trials is all about this only.
- Digital Marketing involves developing online presence & entails
- Social Media Marketing: Using social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram etc. to attract followers for your brand
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): Strategizing to increase the number of visitors to your website through its high-ranking placement in search results
- Mobile marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Content Manager: Creating content to increase the consume interaction
- Media Planner: Strategizing to identify the appropriate media vehicle to best reach out your target audience for maximum impact. Media planners work with:
- Other platform includes promotion via hoardings, bus shelters, ads on buses and taxis.
- Media Buyers: Ensure that client’s promotional campaign reaches the highest number of target audience at lowest possible cost.
- TV/Radio/Film/Video Producer: Involves overseeing the whole production process-securing budgets, maintaining the production cost within the allocated budget, marketing and distribution, finalizing of directors and other characters, location hunting etc. and ensuring a stable working environment.
Students should apply for media course to benefit out of any of the abovementioned opportunities.