Manicure and pedicure basically involve cosmetic care and servicing of the finger and toe nails. You can get these done at a salon or in your home with just the right tools. Essential tools are needed to care and style your nails to perfection. Adequate nail care helps prevent fungal infections in the nails and manicure or pedicure sessions can help ease stress. In that case, you will need treatment for nail fungus. Now let’s look at the essential tools for manicure and pedicure.
Essential tools for manicure
First off, get an environment that is suitable for your use and comfort. Then let’s get started with our necessary tools.
- Polish remover: before starting any nail care process, you need to clean off previously applied nail polish. Use an acetone free polish remover to keep your nails safe from the drying effects of acetone.
- Cuticle cream: your cuticles deserve to be taken care of, so get a nice cuticle cream and gently massage it into your cuticles.
- Lotion: moisturized nails don’t break or crack, apply a nail lotion to keep your nails hydrated.
- Nail brush: use this to remove the dust-like particles on the nails that are residues from filing or trimming.
- Cuticle pusher: if you’re getting artificial nails done, you need a cuticle pusher to push back the cuticles and enable fitted nail placement.
- Cuticle scissors: some of the cuticle skin gets old and unattractive, use the cuticle scissors to trim out your cuticles gently and evenly to create a neat look.
- Nippers: do not pull out hangnails instead use a nipper to gently cut them and prevent tissue tears.
- Nail files: most people use emery boards but it’s best that you get a glass or crystal nail file instead of the former. Although emery boards are relatively cheaper, they wear out faster and do not file as smoothly as the glass nail file.
- Cotton balls: you don’t want to be applying nail products with your hands, get enough cotton balls to effectively apply nail products such as polish remover on the nails.
- Tweezers: oh yeah the tweezers are essential for picking small items and a whole lot of random things.
- Polish: after all that trimming and cleaning you’ll definitely want to add some color and glitter to those pretty nails. Nail polish comes in every color and shade so just get what suits you best.
- Paintbrush: use a small paintbrush to draw patterns and add a creative touch to your nails.
Essential tools for pedicure
- Bamboo sticks: residues from nail filing and cuticle trimming needs to be swept and cleaned up. Use bamboo sticks to gather and dispose the residues.
- Foot spa soaker: this could be a bowl and it’s used to soak or immerse the feet in lotion in soap.
- Astringent foot soak: this is used to eliminate germs and sanitize the feet.
- Exfoliating foot scrub: this is essential for removing and washing off dead skin and callouses.
- Toe separators: this is placed between the toes to prevent smudging and to keep each toe in place.
Read more on how to know if toenail fungus is dying in case if you are having treatments for nail fungus and not sure if it is working.