Your home is your very own haven. It is a safe space where you unwind after a tiring day’s work. It is also the place where you can be true to yourself. So, does it not deserve to mirror your personality in its design? Can the shades of the walls or the shapes of the furniture not complement your inner desires? The best time to direct the interior design of your home is in the beginning. When moving into your new house, you choose what goes where. But that chance comes only once. Your next opportunity arrives alongside a renovation.
Some of the most important factors to keep in mind while going for the perfect interior design are as follows:
- Starting with a simple base: If your walls or furniture have a rudimentary finish, it can give a rough feel to your room. Guests would not feel at home in dining rooms that give out an unfriendly vibe. Choose a color that is smooth to the look and whitewash anything unpleasant with it before proceeding further.
- Mixing textures: Your space might seem unfulfilled even with a lot of work. What you need in such cases is a touch of originality. Take care that your rugs, cushions, sofa sets, and mattresses do not have the same embroidered or printed patterns. A blending of textures can save a room from being too monotonous. The sofa set price can vary depending on the quality and design.
- Measuring space: Families often make the mistake of following their impulses and purchasing pieces of furniture or decoration. It is wise to turn toward shopping only after thorough planning. A carpet that is slightly larger than your bedroom floor or a bedsheet that is smaller than your bed can shatter your aesthetics.
- Using available space to its maximum: If you have a spacious property, you can organize anything your way, but what do you do when your rooms don’t have enough space? You should keep items that not only have aesthetic value but also have their functions, such as washing machines, a single bed if you are living alone, computer tables, etc.
- Choosing accessories: Like that artsy vase with a Chinese dragon painted around it? Attracted to that lamp with cat ears which glow in the dark? Why hesitate? Go for them! Go wild and reject the orthodox rulebook.Personalize your space with original items that break the norm of interior design.
- Prioritizing symmetry: Many shy away from admitting their inner neat freak. If we love our homes, we would lose our cool every time a vase cracks or a guest walks in while still wearing shoes. Usually, this urge for neatness gives rise to a craving for symmetry. If this applies to you, organize your furniture accordingly.
Interior design is an extremely subjective business. You may love how your space turned out, but your friend or family (who reside elsewhere) might perk up while visiting and comment on how a certain piece of furniture does not belong where it is. It is advisable to ignore such inputs because it is ultimately you who lives there, and you are not beholden to the satisfaction of outsiders.