News

Trump launches new communications platform

Trump launches new communications platform

Former US President Donald Trump has announced plans to launch a new social media network, called TRUTH Social. He said the platform would stand up to the tyranny of big tech, accusing them of silencing opposing voices in the US. Social media played a pivotal role in Mr Trump’s bid for the White House and was his favourite means of communication as president. Social media firms were under pressure throughout Mr Trump’s presidency to ban him, with his posts criticised as insulting, inflammatory or peddling outright falsehoods.

Since then he and his advisers have hinted that they were planning to create a rival social media site. His senior aide Jason Miller said it was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on. An early version of his latest venture, TRUTH Social, will be open to invited guests next month, and will have a nationwide rollout within the first three months of 2022, according to a statement by Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG).

Everyone asks me why doesn’t someone stand up to Big Tech? Well, we will be soon! he added. TMTG, which he chairs, also intends to launch a subscription video-on-demand service. TMTG said its video-on-demand service would feature ‘non-woke’ entertainment programming, news, podcasts, and more. Mr Trump’s announcement comes months after his former aide Jason Miller launched another social media company called GETTR. Mr Trump retains a strong hold over the the Republican party. He has hinted that he will run again in 2024 but has made no formal announcement. He has also kept his profile up with public rallies. Lara Trump, a new Fox News contributor, posted a video of herself interviewing Mr Trump on a range of issues.

She later posted a screenshot of an email she received from Facebook warning her of the ban. decisions. Defending the ban at the time, Facebook chief Mark Zuckerburg said: We believe the risks of allowing the president to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great.

Donald Trump has launched a new “communications” website, which says it will publish content “straight from the desk” of the former US president, reports BBC. Mr Trump was banned by Twitter and suspended by Facebook and YouTube after the Capitol riots in January. The former president has since been releasing statements by press release – which the new website will now host.

Users will be able to like posts – and also share them on Twitter and Facebook accounts. The move comes a day before a decision is due from Facebook’s Oversight Board on whether to permanently ban Mr Trump. Mr Trump’s senior adviser, Jason Miller, had previously said a new social media platform was to be launched. “This new platform is going to be big,” he said in March. But Mr Miller tweeted on Tuesday that the new website was not the social media platform he had previously hyped.

“We’ll have additional information coming on that front in the very near future,” he said. YouTube has said they will reactivate Mr Trump’s account when the threat of “real-world violence” reduces. Twitter, where Mr Trump had 88 million followers, has banned him permanently.

About Author

Comment here

sixteen + 19 =